In 1941, at the age of 16, David Webb came to NYC to learn the rudiments of jewellery design. In 1946, he and his business partner, Nina Silberstein opened David Webb Inc at a 47th street location. By the early 1950’s, they had moved to 6th west 57th street, retailing their jeweller through Bergdoff Goodman and Bonwit Teller. In 1963 the firm opened its first salon where it remained until 1990, when it moved to the corner of 57th street and Park Ave. The firm is presently located at 789 Madison Ave. They also have a branch in Beverly Hills. David Webb died in 1975 and the firm, under the direction of Silberstein family, continues to produce jewellery from Webbs vast collection of sketches.